Monday 26 September 2011

Willoughby and Marianne


'The gentleman offered his services, and perceiving that her modesty declined what her situation rendered necessary, took her up in his arms without farther delay, and carried her down the hill'

Illustration for for bicentenary edition of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, published by Palazzo Editions, 2011.

I managed to scan some progress stages for this illustration, so I thought I might share those too.






Detail.


There is still time to book tickets if you can make it to the book launch on Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, and I love seeing progress shots. It's especially interesting to see how you do a sepia wash with your watercolours, to give it that lovely vintage colour cast. =)
    I'm currently reading Sense and Sensibility aloud to my mother, so it's fun to see your lovely illustrations pop up at the same time. If I can get the time I want to try an illustration or two of my own; but of course as soon as I want to do something like that, I *don't* have the time. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love it :D

    ReplyDelete